- Judy Garland (Dorothy) recorded “…Get Your Gun” released by Sandy Hook records in 1981
- “There’s No Place Like Home” (Wizard of Oz movie) as Sandy Hook actor Gene Rosen’s tagline
- Sandy Hook reference in (The Dark Knight Rises movie)
- Sandy Hook reference in (Dream House movie)
- Sandy Hook ..Party Massacre movie released in 2000 reviewed on 7/20/12 (The Dark Knight Rises shooting)
- Auora=dawn; “The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.” - The Dark Knight
- “There’s a storm coming.” - The Dark Knight Rises
- 1997 Hurricane Sandy drill
- Hurricane Sandy: Sandy’s hook
- “Sandy Hook” in “Die Young” by Ke$ha backmasked.
- Sandy Hook: The Classroom
- “You’re not allowed to believe in coincidence anymore.” - James Gordon in The Dark Knight Rises.
- Lil Wayne “My Homies Still” has 12 skeletons in a movie theater 2 days before shooting
- James Holmes, shooter in The Dark Knight Rises screening; Bruce Wayne
- “Connecticut too. We’ll get through ya, ‘cause were New Yorkers” - Adam Sandler at the 12/12/12 Hurricane Sandy benefit concert 2 days before shooting
- Adam Lanza, shooter in Sandy Hook Elementary massacre in Connecticut, Newtown
- Adam Lanza - Gotham City
- Obama holding a bat; Obama=Joker, Batman, The dark knight
- ‘Dark Knight Returns’ from 1986 shows gunman attack movie theater
- Bane in The Dark Knight Rises strikes a football stadium in the Sandy Hook district. Number 322 (Skull and Bones) shown.
- Sandy Hook chorus to sing at Super Bowl football stadium.
- Walter Camp, ”father of American football” was Skull and Bones member.
- The trailer for Scientologist Tom Cruise’s new movie Oblivion shows a football stadium. The “Birthplace of Scientology” is Phoenix, Arizona. The Dark Knight Rises also had a scene where a football field is destroyed. The Phoenix Officer is named James Holmes.
- Super bowl Sunday dark night
Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras says his country is facing economic upheaval like that of the devastating U.S. Great Depression of the 1930s.
Mr. Samaras made the comparison Sunday as he met with former U.S. President Bill Clinton, who was in the Greek capital to help promote economic investment. Mr. Samaras is faced with trying to revive the Greek economy, now in its fifth year of recession.
“You had the Great Depression in the United States. This is exactly what we are going through now in Greece. It is our version of the Great Depression.”
Greece is trying to win European approval to ease the terms of its newest financial rescue package, the country’s second bailout in two years.
But German Economic Minister Philipp Roesler warned the country would not receive any more money if it does not comply with its commitment to impose more austerity measures to cut the government’s budget. He said the possibility Greece might default on its loans and become the first country to exit the 17-nation euro currency zone has “lost its horror.”
Mr. Clinton criticized European leaders who have made continual financial demands on the Greek government. He said Athens needs to make structural reforms, but a total focus on austerity is misguided.
“But, if every day people are saying, well, it may or may not work, so give us back 100 cents on the dollar, so give us more austerity today, is self-defeating. People need something to look forward to when they get up in the morning, and each needs something to believe in, so they can stake their future here.”
Several fires explode across Front Range
A three-day-old wildfire erupted with catastrophic fury Tuesday, ripping across the foothills neighborhoods of Colorado Springs, devouring an untold number of homes and sending tens of thousands fleeing to safety in what was shaping up as one of the biggest disasters in state history. “This is a firestorm of epic proportions,” said Colorado Springs Fire Chief Richard Brown. Read the full story…
Denver Airport Mural
Focusing on stopping ballistic missiles and featuring thousands of soldiers, the October drill will simulate simultaneous rocket fire from Syria and Iran
Israel and the US are set to hold their largest ever joint military exercise in October, featuring thousands of soldiers and advanced anti-missile defense systems, and simulating simultaneous fire from Iran and Syria.
News of the drill comes amid ongoing violence in Syria, and with Israel and the US closely discussing the means to thwart Iran’s nuclear drive. The commander of the 3rd Air Force, Lt.-Gen.Craig A. Franklin, on a recent visit to Israel, established a planning committee with representatives of the IDF to coordinate the details of the exercise, the Maariv Hebrew daily reported Monday. Some 3,000 US soldiers are to participate, alongside thousands of Israeli troops.
The drill will simulate missiles being fired at Israel from Iran and Syria simultaneously, with potentially tens, if not hundreds, of rockets mid-air at the same time. Israel will test its upgraded Arrow 2 defense system, while the US will deploy the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System andPAC-3 Patriot air defense platforms.
According to Maariv, some military analysts have nicknamed the exercise a “dress rehearsal” for a potential military conflict, noting that it will send a clear message to Iran at a time during which the impact of international sanctions, or lack thereof, will be clearer.
News of the drill comes shortly after talks between world powers and Iran regarding Tehran’s nuclear program broke up without progress in Moscow.